Enterprise mobility is gaining popularity day by day. Many top companies are relying heavily on it. Citrix XenMobile is one of most recognized solution for enterprise mobility these days and they are maintaining the standard with support to the latest mobile operating system launches. To support this argument Citrix has confirmed that the new iOS 9 will have an instant compatibility with XenMobile. This means XenMobile and iOS 9 will work together from Day 1.
Mobility Administrators need to guide their corporate user to follow given steps:
- Latest version of Worx Home (10.2) will be required, which is available on Apple’s App Store and can easily be downloaded.
- Worx Apps such as WorxMail and WorxWeb must also be updated to the latest version XenMobile 10.2.
- Once the above steps are performed, user can procced with the iOS9 update.
Citrix has confirmed that mobility administrator’s need not to apply any patches or upgrades on XenMobile Server side unless a self-signed certificate is in use.
Here are some of the key features and improvements for app management and distribution include:
- No Need for an Apple ID for installing apps.
- Managed apps can now be pre-installed on the device.
- Apps installed by an EMM solution such as XenMobile will be automatically trusted. The user will no longer see a prompt confirming that the app is trusted.
- Apple has expanded DEP (Device Enrollment Program) to support bulk enrollment services to 26 countries.
iOS 9 has some new security features as well:
- New policy restrictions including sending attachments via AirDrop, screen recording/sharing and automatic app download reduce the likelihood of data leakage.
- IT can block the “side-loading” of apps that don’t come directly from the App Store.
- For iOS devices with the Touch ID sensor, Apple has moved away from the 4 digit passcode allowing users to configure a more complex 6 digit passcode.